First Trade offer - Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is only available to individuals in the United Kingdom, aged 18 years and over who register as new customers of SportsBroker during the promotional period. For the avoidance of doubt, any customers who currently or have previously held an account with SportsBroker will be considered existing customers.
- The promotional period begins at 00:01 on Monday 7th December 2020 and ends at 23:59 on Sunday 28th February 2021 (or after 500 claims are made - whichever occurs first)
- In order to qualify for this promotion, new customers must create a verified account on SportsBroker, deposit a minimum of £10 into their account balance and make their first trade on the platform.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the 'first trade' refers to the purchase of a virtual share/s in a team on the SportsBroker platform, executed in the first single transaction made on a user's account.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the 'first trade' ends following the completion of that team's first fixture after the purchase of their shares, regardless of whether those shares are sold or retained in a user's portfolio.
- Only your first trade (transaction) on SportsBroker will count towards this offer. Any subsequent trades will not be eligible. See below for examples.
- Refunds can be redeemed against a trade on any team - as long as it is the first trade made on the account only, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Qualifying customers have until 30 days after registration to complete their first trade and request their refund in order to remain eligible for the promotion.
- To claim their refund, eligible customers must email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Request for refund' in the subject line, including their SportsBroker account username in the body text of the email.
- Your refund will be processed within 7 days of receipt of your 'request for refund' email and will be refunded as cash to your SportsBroker account balance.
- The cash on your SportsBroker account balance will be able to be withdrawn to your original payment source or used for trading on the platform.
- This offer can only be claimed once per customer.
- SportsBroker reserves the right to withdraw this offer from availability on an individual or general basis in accordance with its internal risk policies at its discretion.
- SportsBroker game rules apply.
- SportsBroker general Terms and Conditions apply and can be found here.
Player A joins SportsBroker and deposits £100. She then purchases 5 virtual shares in Arsenal at £8.00 each (trade value of £40.00). After their next fixture, Arsenal's share price drops by 30% (a loss of £12.00). Player A is now eligible for a refund of £12.00 regardless of whether the shares purchased are retained in her portfolio or sold.
Player B joins SportsBroker and deposits £100. She then purchases 10 virtual shares in Man Utd at £7.50 each (trade value of £75.00). After their next fixture, Man Utd's share price drops by 10% (a loss of £7.50). Player B retains the shares in her portfolio and after Man Utd's second fixture, their share price drops by a further 10% (a further loss of £6.75). Player B is eligible for a refund of £7.50 only, as the initial trade period closed following their first fixture.
Player C joins SportsBroker and deposits £500. She then purchases 50 virtual shares in Liverpool at £10.00 each (trade value of £500.00). After their next fixture, Liverpool's share price drops by 25% (a loss of £125.00). Player C is now eligible for a refund of £100.00 (the maximum amount) regardless of whether the shares purchased are retained in her portfolio or sold.
Player D joins SportsBroker and deposits £20. She then purchases 2 virtual shares in Fulham at £10.00 each (trade value of £20.00). After their next fixture, Fulham's share price increases by 10% (a gain of £2.00). Player D is not eligible for a refund regardless of whether the shares purchased are retained in her portfolio or sold.
SportsBroker - Terms and Conditions
These Terms are effective from 1st September 2020 and shall supersede and replace all previous versions.
SUMMARY OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The information set out below is a summary of our key terms for information purposes only. This does not replace the full Terms set out below. You should read and agree to the full Terms before registering and using our Services. In the event of any conflict between this summary and the full Terms, the full Terms will apply.
If you are located in:
- Great Britain, you will have an Account with Sport Brokers (UK) Ltd and references in these terms and conditions to "Sports Broker", "we", "us" and/or "our" shall refer to Sports Broker. Sports Broker is not licensed and considered as betting in the UK. Sports Broker is a real time, real money game with virtual shares. See Clauses 2.1.1 and 2.2.
You must be 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and meet the other eligibility and verification criteria to use our Services. See Clause 4.2.
You can only register 1 (one) Account with us. See Clause 13.1.3.
Fraudulent activity or cheating is prohibited. If we close or suspend your Account because of fraud or cheating, we may withhold the funds in your Account. See Clause 17.2.
In the event of an error on the Service, we may take various actions including the voiding of an affected Order. See Clause 10.2.
With the exception of: (1) any winnings lawfully due to you; (2) our liability for fraud, death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or (3) to the extent our liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of law, our maximum liability to you in relation to anyone incident or series of related incidents is limited to:
- where such liability relates to a specific Order which you have placed, the value of the respective order paid by you;
- where such liability relates to the misapplication of funds in your Account, the amount that has been lost or misplaced;
where such liability relates to any other liability of Sports Broker, our maximum liability shall be one thousand pounds (£1,000).
We shall not be liable to you for any of the matters set out at Clause 20.3, including any loss you may suffer from a cyber-attack on the Services.
See Clauses 20.2 and 20.3.
If you have a complaint, you can contact our customer services team.
We do not protect customer funds other than hold customer funds separate from company funds in a separate bank account. These funds are not protected in the event of insolvency. Further details can be found here. See section 11.
The following words and terms, when used in these Terms, shall have the below meaning:
Account: An account with Sports Broker for the use of the Websites and Mobile Applications.
Order: A Completed Buy Order (as defined in the Game Rules).
Game Rules: The rules for Sports Broker's online sports, real money and real time game with virtual shares which can be accessed at link.
Buy Order: Has the meaning set out in the Game Rules.
Instant Sell Order: Has the meaning set out in the Game Rules.
Mobile Applications: The Sports Broker application operated by Sports Broker and Mobile Application refers to any one of them.
Player or you: A person who has an Account.
Published Price: Has the meaning set out in the Game Rules.
Sell Order: Has the meaning set out in the Game Rules.
Services: All games, services and any related content or software, which is made accessible via the Websites or Mobile Application and that enable you to participate in the services provided by Sports Broker.
Sport Brokers (UK) Ltd: Sport Brokers (UK) Limited, Eldon House, Penistone Road, Kirkburton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England. Company Number: 12327268.
Sports Broker, us, our or we: shall have the meaning as in Clauses 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 of these Terms.
Sports Broker Group: Sports Broker Malta, Sports Broker, any subsidiary or parent company of Sports Broker Malta or Sport Brokers UK, or any subsidiary of a parent company of Sports Broker Malta or Sport Brokers UK.
Terms: These terms and conditions.
Websites: www.sportsbroker.com and other URLs and subdomains belonging to and operated by Sports Broker and Website refers to any one of them.
2. ABOUT US
If you are located in:
- Great Britain:
- you will have an Account with Sport Brokers UK Ltd;
- Sports Broker will be responsible for providing the Services to you; and
- references in these terms and conditions to "Sports Broker", "we", "us" and/or "our" shall refer to Sports Broker UK;
- Great Britain:
Sport Brokers UK Ltd is not licensed and regulated and not considered as a gambling product. It is a real time game with virtual shares.
We reserve the right to amend the terms of any document that constitutes part of the Agreement. If we amend the terms of this Agreement, we will notify you of any such amendment by including a pop-up message on the Services or through another communication method. You will be asked to re-confirm acceptance of this Agreement before the changes come into effect. If any amendment is unacceptable to you, you shall not be allowed to play/place an Order unless you accept the new terms and conditions, but shall be allowed to withdraw your deposits.
This Agreement governs your use of the Services and supersede any and all prior agreements between you and us in respect of the same.
4. OPENING AN ACCOUNT: GENERAL
To open an Account, you must complete our online registration form, including providing the following personal details: first name, surname, address and date of birth. You confirm that any personal details provided are correct and that you will notify us should these details change.
By opening an Account, you declare that:
- you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older;
- you have not self-excluded from the Services
- you do not already hold an Account;
- you are not opening the Account on behalf of a third party;
- you are not opening the Account in order to sell or transfer the Account to other players.
The following persons may not open an Account or use the Services directly or indirectly:
- a person who is or has been, over the last 2 (two) years, employed or contracted by any Sports Broker Group company; and/or
- any relatives of a person listed at 4.3.1 (in this Clause, the term "relatives" means spouse, partner, parents, children or siblings).
Each time you access the Services, you repeat the declarations at Clauses 4.2.2 and 4.3.
At our sole discretion, and without having to provide a reason, we may refuse a person's request to open an Account.
5. OPENING AN ACCOUNT: AGE AND IDENTITY VERIFICATION
We are required to verify your age and identity. We will attempt to automatically verify your details based on the information you submit during the process to open your Account, but if we cannot do so you will be required to provide identification documents, by sending them by email to email@example.com proving your age and/or identity. Acceptable identification documents include, but are not limited to:
- copy of a valid photographic identification document, such as a passport or driver's licence; and
- copy of a recent utility bill from within the last three months and which confirms your address, such as an electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.; and
- copy of a recent statement from the bank account or payment method which you have used to deposit funds.
If your details cannot be verified based on the documents provided, you will need to provide additional information until we are able to successfully verify your age and/or identity. If we cannot complete verification, we may suspend or terminate your Account.
You authorise us to conduct any identification, credit or other verification checks that may be required, at the date when you open an Account and at any time during the period when you hold an Account.
To make a deposit, click on the 'Deposit' link on any of our Websites or Mobile Applications.
Acceptable forms of payment which can be used to deposit monies are set out in the FAQ's on the Service. We reserve the right to alter the payment methods that we consider to be acceptable forms of payment. We reserve the right in our absolute and sole discretion to refuse any type of payment for any reason, regardless of whether previous payments have been processed to or from a particular method, or if that payment method is usually accepted in respect of any Player.
All deposits may be subject to your bank and/or payment provider's authorization and we accept no liability where this is not provided.
The minimum deposit is £10 or the equivalent amount in your chosen currency.
We do not charge you for making a deposit. However, certain banks may charge additional banking charges or overdraft fees and you accept that it is your responsibility to check whether such charges will be made by your bank.
If we incur any charge-backs, reversals or any other charges in respect of your Account, we reserve the right to charge you for the relevant amounts incurred.
You may only deposit money in your Account for the purposes of using such money on our Services. We shall have the right to suspend or close your Account if we reasonably believe that you are depositing money without any intention to use such money on our Services.
You declare that any funds you deposit are not associated with any illegal activity, in particular that they do not derive from any illegal activity or source and that you will not use the Services for illegal activity, including fraud or money laundering.
7. GAME PLAY: GENERAL
You acknowledge that there is a risk of losing money when using the Services to play and that you are responsible for such loss.
All Orders are subject to the Game Rules. Before placing an Order, it is important that you read and understand the Game Rules to understand the terminology and how Orders are placed on the Services.
We reserve the right to:
- accept or decline the whole or part of any proposed Order; and/or
- limit the maximum amount of any proposed Order.
You are fully responsible for any Order placed on your Account. If an Order is made using your Account and accepted on the Services, the Order will be considered to have been made by you and shall be considered valid unless it contravenes any term of the Agreement.
Sports Broker will not be held responsible for any mistakes made by you during the placing of an Order, including the amount of the order or the type of the Order (i.e. a Buy Order or Sell Order), and such mistake will not affect the validity of an Order or its ability to be accepted or executed on the Services. Sports Broker also bears no responsibility for monitoring and managing the status of any Order on your Account.
We reserve the right to void any order and withhold any monies if we establish that any order has been placed with third party funds.
You acknowledge that slower devices or internet speeds may result in delays to your use of the Services and result in disadvantages when placing an Order. In particular, with regards to in-play gaming, you acknowledge that 'live' TV or other broadcasts are delayed and that other Players may have more up-to-date information.
You may only place a Buy Order up to the value of the cleared funds in your Account. We reserve the right to void any order which we may have accepted in error when your Account did not contain enough cleared funds.
An Order is not considered to have been placed or executed (as defined in the Game Rules) unless you receive an on-screen notice from us that confirms that the Order is respectively placed or executed. If a dispute arises in relation to an Order, our database will be the ultimate authority in such dispute, in particular with regards to whether such Order was placed or executed and the respective time it was placed or executed.
We only accept an Order if it is made using the Services. An Order may not be placed in any other way.
For an order to be valid, the action of a Player placing an order must not breach any rules about irregular and/or suspicious play or misuse of inside information relevant to a sports governing body, other professional body of which the Player is a member, or their employer. Where a breach of such rules is identified, we reserve the right to void such order.
In the event of any information being received by us in relation to irregular game play patterns and possible instances of event manipulation, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to:
- suspend our offering on any event or series of events in any of our markets;
- delay and/or withhold payment on any event or series of events until the integrity of such event or series of events has been confirmed to us; and
- void any respective Order and if event manipulation is confirmed as having taken place.
We reserve the right to void an Order if:
- the underlying event has been cancelled;
- there is a location change for the underlying event;
- there is adverse weather (i.e. natural disaster); or any other event of similar nature that impacts the underlying event.
If an Order is voided, Sports Broker reserves the right to adjust the prices of any Shares affected by such Order, with the objective of adjusting the price of those affected virtual Shares to a price as if such Order had not been executed.
8. GAME PLAY: PROMOTIONS
The terms of any promotion offered on the Services will be clearly stated in specific terms for each promotion and shall be read in conjunction with the general terms set out in this section 8.
Unless otherwise stated in specific terms for a promotion, any "free play" order will not be included in any return and must be played before being withdrawn.
Each promotion is restricted to one entry per Player, unless otherwise stated in the specific promotional terms.
No account restrictions will be enforced against you after you have made one or more qualifying orders as part of a Free play Promotion (defined at 8.5 below), where enforcing such account restriction would
affect your ability to:
- receive the free plays, or the full expected value of the free plays from that Free play Promotion, having placed all the necessary qualifying orders;
- place the remaining qualifying orders required by that Free play Promotion and consequently receive the free plays, or the full expected value of the free orders from that Free play Promotion, to which you would be entitled as a result;
- complete any free play requirements associated with that Free play Promotion; or
materially affect your ability to complete the qualifying orders required by that Free play Promotion.
For the purpose of Clause 8.4, "Free play Promotion" means a promotion where a bonus is added to your Account specifically for placing orders on sports, including bonuses (i) in the form of a free play of a fixed value or (ii) in the form of funds with a value linked to the amount of a deposit for multiple plays and which is subject to game play requirements.
9. PROCEEDS FROM A SELL ORDER
We will credit your Account with your proceeds from a Sell Order, including winnings (i.e. profit from a Sell Order), as soon as practicable and subject to any circumstance where we are permitted and/or required to withhold winnings.
If you believe that you have not received any monies due to you then you should notify us as soon as possible and provide evidence for your claim.
You are responsible for reporting your proceeds from a Sell Order (including winnings) and losses if such reporting is required by your local law or tax authorities. It is your responsibility to pay any tax or levy due on any monies paid to you by us.
10. ERRORS/ RESETTLEMENT
- While we attempt to ensure that the Services do not contain errors, errors may arise. A non-exhaustive list is set out below:
- an Order is accepted where you do not have enough cleared funds in your Account;
- information relating to an Order has been incorrectly displayed on the Services;
- an Order has been accepted on a closed or suspended market;
- an Order has been accepted at a value which is incorrect;
- a Order has been settled, but it becomes necessary to re-settle the Order because a result changes;
- the amount of winnings, returns or promotional benefits/bonuses paid are miscalculated as a result of human error or system error;
- an error or technical issue with the Services (including a technical error, such as an error which prevents access to the Services, or a system malfunction or transmission error);
- an error in determining the price of a virtual Share;
- an Order has been accepted in circumstances which breaches these Terms.
In the event of an error on the Service:
- you must notify us of any error, to the extent you become aware of such error;
Sports Broker reserves the right, but is not obligated, to:
- correct any consequent error on a an Order and settle it accordingly (or re-settle such order if it has already been settled), including executing a Buy Order or Sell Order which occurred during the period when there was an error which affected the value of the respective virtual Share, but at a rate in accordance with the correct value of the respective virtual Share; or
- declare an affected Order void and return the order to your Account (if applicable),
- revise the value of any virtual Shares held by Players.
to the extent that your Account has been credited with monies as a result of an error, such amounts shall be deemed to be held by you on trust for Sports Broker and Sports Broker may:
- withdraw the relevant amount from your Account; and/or
- cancel/reverse any withdrawal which you have made; and/or
- to the extent that you have withdrawn such amounts, make a demand for payment for such amount and you shall then immediately repay such amount to Sports Broker; and/or
- void any subsequent Order placed using such monies and/or withhold any monies which you acquired from placing subsequent Orders with such monies and/or take any action described above at 10.2.3(a), (b) or (c) in relation to such subsequent Orders.
11. FUNDS IN YOUR ACCOUNT
Funds in your Account, including any available balance, do not bear interest. You shall not treat Sports Broker as a financial institution.
Your account with Sports Broker: we will hold customer funds separate from company funds in a private bank account in the UK. This means that steps have been taken to protect customer funds but that there is no absolute guarantee that all funds will be repaid. These funds are not protected in the event of insolvency.
We are required to comply with regulations and legislation which requires that we may need to undertake checks on the source of funds deposited by you. Sports Broker may at any time request you to not only verify your identity and address but also request proof of ownership for any payment method used to deposit or withdraw funds (including source of wealth and/or source of funds). This may include, but not be limited to, copies of bank statements or payslips. While any such checks are being performed, restrictions may be put in place to prevent the withdrawal of funds from your Account and/or prevent (whether fully or partially) your access to the Service until such checks have been successfully completed. If such checks cannot be successfully completed, we reserve the right to close your Account, retain any funds and make any necessary disclosure(s) to relevant authorities.
After a period of no less than 12 (twelve) months of Account inactivity we reserve the right to close a dormant Account and will attempt to return any funds to the last payment method used by the Player. If we are unable to return such funds, we shall charge a fee of £2 GBP per month (or an equivalent amount in the currency in your Account) in relation to such dormant account.
We may at any time offset any positive balance on your Account against any amount owed by you to us (including under a duplicate Account). Any negative balance on your Account will fall immediately due and payable to us and your Account will only be closed when this amount has been fully repaid.
Any balance shown on your Account shall, unless proven otherwise, be deemed to be correct.
You may withdraw the available balance from your Account at any time, subject to any other terms in these Terms.
To withdraw funds from your Account, visit the 'Wallet' section on the Services.
The standard minimum withdrawal amount is £10 as may be amended from time to time. However, Players who have a balance lower than this minimum can contact customer services in order to withdraw the full balance amount. Contact details of customer services can be found at section 24.
Where funds are withdrawn, they will be subject to a clearance period determined by the card issuing bank (normally 1 - 2 working days) or online payment services (normally same day).
Sports Broker will carry out additional verification procedures for any withdrawals exceeding the equivalent of £2,000, which value can be calculated either on a daily basis taking into account all withdrawals affected by you since the establishment of the business relationship or on the basis of a rolling period of 180 days.
Any withdrawals must be via the same method that was used to deposit a respective amount of funds and will be remitted only to the account from where the funds paid into your Account originated, subject to Clause 12.7.
If you deposit using a payment method which does not allow us to pay funds back via the same payment method, we will arrange for your funds to be paid back to your bank account, subject to documentary evidence being provided, which may include identity documentation, bank statements and payment method details. See link for details of credit cards which will permit you to deposit into your Account but where we cannot process withdrawals from your Account to such card.
13. USE OF ACCOUNT: GENERAL RESTRICTIONS
You must not:
use the Services in any way that may lead to the encouragement, procurement or carrying out of any criminal or unlawful activity, or cause distress, harm or inconvenience to any other person;
open an Account on behalf of a third party, as above at Clause 4.2.4, or authorise any third party to use your Account, but you will be entirely responsible for all losses which are incurred as a result of having a third party use your Account. You must immediately inform Sports Broker if you suspect that another person has obtained access to your Account, and you must offer your full assistance to Sports Broker while investigating this issue;
hold more than one Account, and Sports Broker reserves the right to close all multiple Accounts that have been opened under the same name or connected to the same Player. If a Player has opened multiple Accounts, without limitation to any other rights Sports Broker has under this Agreement, Sports Broker has the right to:
void all such orders on Accounts and to the extent that your Account has been credited with monies as a result of such orders, such monies shall be deemed to be held by you on trust for Sports Broker and Sports Broker may:
- withdraw the relevant amount from your Account; and/or
- cancel/reverse any withdrawal which you have made; and/or
- void any subsequent Orders placed using such monies and/or withhold any monies which you may have acquired from placing further Orders with such monies and take any action described above at 13.1.3(a)(i),(ii),(iii), and/or
suspend and/or close:
- all such Accounts; or
- all such Accounts, with the exception of the first Account that the Player opened and credit such first Account with the balances from the other Accounts that have been closed.
use the Services in any way other than for your personal use and for your own benefit;
collude with any other Players on the Services;
give any indication that you have any commercial relationship with us or that you are our agent;
acting in any manner that is detrimental to the operation of the Services;
misuse the Services by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
attempt to gain unauthorised access to: our Services; the servers from which our Services are operated; or any server computer or database connected to our Services;
use programs or devices (such as robots) or interface with our Services using any third-party software, including any third-party software or services (including websites or subscription services) which are designed to provide an unfair advantage or distort normal gameplay. For the purpose of this Clause, an "unfair advantage" means any instance which exploits or participates in the exploitation of a fault, loophole or error in our Services or any third party's software, or otherwise manipulates the Services, and uses it to our disadvantage, the game play or other Players;
act in any manner which is a threat to the integrity of sport;
place any Order that would be in breach of any rules on Game play, including any rule about irregular and/or suspicious activity or misuse of inside information, relevant to a sport's governing body or other professional body of which you are a member, or your employer. If we identify a breach of any of the rules described in this Clause, we may void such Order and/or provide the relevant sport governing body with sufficient information to conduct an effective investigation;
use the Services in any manner which we would reasonably consider to be 'cheating', which shall include but not be limited to:
- colluding with other persons;
- using software to gain an advantage;
- exploiting any weaknesses within the Services;
- 'courtsiding' or any similar activity;
- playing on sporting events which have been subject to 'match fixing'; or
- using insider information.
acquire an Account from another Player.
If Sports Broker is required to cease operations, either completely or in relation to a specific territory, and consequently has to close your Account, Sports Broker reserves the right to: (a) void any open Order on a set date and return the amount for such order to the Customer; (b) implement an Instant Sell Order in respect of any virtual Shares which are currently held by a Player in such a territory.
14. USE OF ACCOUNT: TERRITORIES
Access to the Services may not be legal for residents of, or persons located in, certain countries. Our Services do not constitute an offer or invitation by us for the use of our Services in any jurisdiction in which such activities are prohibited by law. It is your responsibility as a Player to know if our Services are legal in the territory in which you are playing. Sports Broker will not accept any responsibility for any punishment that could be imposed on a Player by the relevant authorities following the use of the Services.
Without limitation to the other provisions in this section, you must not use our Services if you are:
- in a jurisdiction (or a resident of a jurisdiction) that renders the provision of our Services to you or your use of them illegal; and/or
- located in the United States of America
If we discover or reasonably believe that you are accessing the Services in a country in which the use of the Services is not legal, we shall be entitled to immediately suspend or close your Account, void any Orders and we shall not be liable for any losses incurred as a result of such suspension, closure or voiding such Order.
15. CLOSING AN ACCOUNT
You have the right to close your Account at any time. You should make a request to close your Account via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the 'Gaming Controls' link within the Services and navigating to the account closure link. You will need to provide reason for closing your Account and re-enter your password, your Account will automatically then be closed.
Sports Broker has the right to close any Account at any time.
Subject to these Terms, including terms which permit Sports Broker to withhold payment of monies, any contractual obligations of either a Player or Sports Broker which have been made prior to an Account being closed will be honoured.
You remain responsible for activities on your Account until it is closed.
Upon our confirmation of the closure of your Account, we will notify you and provided that you have complied with these Terms, we will send you the sum on deposit in your Account by the last method of payment that you used to deposit funds into your Account or such other method of payment determined by us.
At the time of the closure of your Account:
- any Order shall be voided; and
- any Share (as defined in the Game Rules) which you hold will be sold as an Instant Sell Order (as defined in the Game Rules) and you will receive 90% of the Published Price of such virtual Shares at the time of the execution of such Instant Sell Order. Any proceeds will then be paid to you by the last method of payment that you used to deposit funds into your Account or such other method of payment determined by us.
16. PERSONAL INFORMATION
17. FRAUD, MONEY LAUNDERING, SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES
We reserve the right to request any documentation reasonably required in order to meet our legal and regulatory requirements or comply with our internal fraud prevention procedures. Furthermore, transactions are monitored in order to prevent money laundering.
If we reasonably believe an Account to be involved in fraud, money laundering and/or any other form of illegal or suspicious activities, we reserve the right to:
- report such details as we reasonably consider are necessary to relevant authorities;
- suspend or close the Account; and/or
- void any Order; and/or
- withhold and/or retain any and all amounts which would otherwise have been paid or payable to you (including without limitation any winnings or bonus amounts).
If we close or suspend your Account for any of the reasons referred to above in this section 17, you shall be liable for any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred or suffered by us arising as a result of or in connection with your fraudulent or otherwise illegal activities ("Claims"), and you agree to fully compensate us for any costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by us (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, any loss of profit and any loss of reputation) in respect of such Claims.
18. BREACH OF THE AGREEMENT
If we have reason to believe that you are in breach of the Agreement or if we are required to do so by law, we reserve the right, at our reasonable discretion, to:
- suspend your Account; and/or
- close your Account; and/or
- void any Order; and/or
- cancel any withdrawals; and/or
- withhold your Account balance; and/or
- recover from your Account the amount of any affected pay-outs, bonuses and winnings; and/or
- require that any amount which was won and/or withdrawn in breach of the Agreement is returned to us; and/or
- require that any amount which was won and/or withdrawn is returned to us, if required by law; and/or
- implement a permanent ban from our Services.
You agree to compensate us for any costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by us (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, any loss of profit and any loss of reputation) arising in relation to a breach of the Agreement.
You agree that we may use monies in your Account (and/or any duplicate Account) to settle any liabilities we may incur as a result of your breach of the Agreement.
19. ACCOUNT SUSPENSION
We shall be entitled to suspend your Account in our absolute discretion.
If we suspend your Account for a matter: (i) relating to an actual or suspected breach of the Agreement; or (ii) where we are expressly permitted to suspend your Account under the terms of the Agreement; or (iii) we are investigating your Account:
- we may void an Order which has been placed but not yet executed;
- no activity shall be permitted (including deposits, withdrawals, or placing Orders) until the date upon which it is re-activated by Sports Broker;
- no bonuses or contingent winnings will be credited to your Account; and
- we shall address the issue that has given rise to the Account suspension with a view to resolving it as soon as reasonably practicable so that the Account can, as appropriate, either be re-activated or closed.
The rights at 19.2 shall be in addition to any other rights of Sports Broker under the Agreement.
If we suspend your Account for a matter which does not relate to: (i) an actual or suspected breach of the Agreement; or (ii) a situation where we are expressly permitted to suspend your Account under the Agreement; or (iii) an investigation of your Account, you will be prohibited from using the Services other than to withdraw amounts in your Account.
20. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability:
- for fraud by Sports Broker, although fraudulent activity by a third party (including a fraudulent activity related to a cyber-attack by a third party on the Services) shall be limited by Clauses 20.2-20.4,
- for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence; or
- to the extent such liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
Subject to Clauses 20.1, 20.3, and 20.4, and save in respect of any winnings lawfully due to you in accordance with this Agreement, our maximum liability to you in relation to any one incident or series of related incidents is limited as follows:
- where such liability relates to a specific order which you have placed, the value of the respective order paid by you;
- where such liability relates to the misapplication of funds in your Account, the amount that has been lost or misplaced, though for the avoidance of doubt this shall not include any liability which is excluded pursuant to Clause 20.3.2;
- where such liability relates to any other liability of Sports Broker (i.e. which is not covered by Clauses 20.1, 20.2.1 or 20.2.2), our maximum liability shall be one thousand pounds (£1,000 GBP).
Subject to Clause 20.1, we (and/or our third-party services providers, to the extent relevant) shall not be liable to you:
- in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise arising for loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of data, loss of business, loss of business information, business interruption, loss of reputation, loss of opportunity, or loss of goodwill, or for any indirect, special or consequential loss;
for any loss or damage that you may suffer because of:
- any act of god;
- power failure;
- trade or labor dispute;
- any act, failure, or omission of any government or authority or other political disturbance;
- obstruction or failure of telecommunication services or networks; or
- any other act, omission, delay, or failure caused by a third party or otherwise outside of our control;
for any loss or damage that you may suffer because of the use of our Services which breaches these Terms, including in respect of any losses you may incur if you continue to use the Services after you have self-excluded, in particular where:
- you have sought to circumvent a self-exclusion via an additional Account;
- you have changed any of the registration details in your Account or opened a new Account;
- you have continued to play with us between your self-exclusion registration and us applying such self-exclusion to our Services;
for any damages or losses which are deemed or alleged to have arisen out of or in connection with the Services or their content; including without limitation, delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, loss or corruption of data, communication or lines failure, any person's misuse of the Services or its content or any errors or omissions in content.
Our liability to you is limited to the proportion of your loss or damage which either we agree, or is found by a court to be just and equitable, after taking account of the contribution to the relevant loss and damage of any other person responsible and/or liable to you in respect of that loss or damage.
21. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Services contain Sports Broker's own proprietary content as well as the content of third-party providers. All intellectual property rights in the Services and in such content on the Services shall remain at all times the property of Sports Broker or its third-party providers.
The names, images, and logos identifying us, our partners or third parties and our/their products and services contained in the Services are proprietary marks and may not be reproduced or otherwise used without express permission.
Nothing contained in these Terms shall be construed as conferring by implication any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right, or copyright that belongs to us or any third party.
No part of our Services may be reproduced, stored, modified, copied, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, transferred or exploited, by any means or in any manner, or included in any other website or any other public or private service including text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our express written consent.
Any commercial use or exploitation of the Services or its content is strictly prohibited.
22. RESPONSIBLE GAME PLAY
Responsible Game play Tools
You can set a limit on the deposits you make or your spend. Information on setting limits, and subsequently amending or removing such limits, may be found at link.
As above at Clause 4.2.2, upon opening an Account you declare that you have not self-excluded from the Services.
We make available facilities for you to stop play for the following periods (24 hours, one week, two weeks, three weeks, four weeks, five weeks, six weeks or any other period you reasonably request), which can be accessed on the Services and which we refer to as 'Time Outs'.
Sports Broker's self-exclusion service
- We offer a self-exclusion service and will use reasonable endeavors to ensure you are excluded from the Services as soon as reasonably practicable after you have submitted a request for self-exclusion.
If you self-exclude:
any funds in your Account will be returned to you by the last method of payment you used to deposit, or other method of payment determined by us;
any open Order will be canceled to the extent possible;
any virtual Share (as defined in the Game Rules) which you hold will be sold as an Instant Sell Order (as defined in the Game Rules) and you will receive 90% of the Published Price of such virtual shares at the time of the execution of such Instant Sell Order. Any proceeds will then be paid to you by the last method of payment you used to deposit, or such other method of payment determined by us.
- Whilst Sports Broker is not a gambling product we want players to have support services if they feel they are developing addictive behaviors. The free helpline number for UK Addiction Treatment Centre (available 24 hours a day, 7 (seven) days a week) is 0808 278 4770 / Local 0203 811 7269 and their website can be accessed at: https://www.ukat.co.uk/gaming-addiction/ which will assist Players with developing addiction problems.
We reserve the right to suspend part or all of the Services, modify, remove and/or add a product to the Services at our reasonable discretion with prior notice to you wherever possible, however, some amendments to products or the Services may be required to be made with immediate effect and without notice.
We provide the Services on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and no guarantee is provided that any specific products will be made available on the Services. We do not give any assurance or warranty that the Services will be free from errors or omissions nor that there will be uninterrupted provision of the Services. Sports Broker is not liable for any downtime, server disruptions, lagging, or any technical disturbance to the game play on the Services.
Where the Services link to third party websites, content and resources this does not constitute an endorsement by us of that third party's website or their products or services and we do not accept any liability in respect of your use of such websites.
The information on the Services which we or third parties provide (including results, statistics, fixture lists) is for your personal use only and the distribution or commercial exploitation of such information by you is strictly prohibited. We do not give any assurance or warranty in respect of the uninterrupted provision of such information, its accuracy or any Order placed in relation to such information. No information which we or third parties provide on our Services is intended to amount to advice or recommendations and is provided for information purposes only.
It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the details which you use to log into your Account, including any Player ID or password. If you become aware that another person has knowledge of your password, you must change your password immediately. You are also responsible for the security of any linked email address and the security of any personal computer or device (through password protection, screen locks, etc.) on which the Account is accessible. Sports Broker shall not be held responsible if there is unauthorized use of your Account.
We may transfer our rights or obligations or sub-contract our obligations under the Agreement to another legal entity. You agree that we may do so provided that this will not adversely affect the standard of Services you receive. In the case of transfer only, after we notify you of the date on which we will transfer our rights and obligations to another legal entity, your only rights under or in connection with the Agreement will be against the new legal entity and not against us.
This Agreement is not intended to give rights to anyone except you and us. This does not affect our rights under Clause 23.6.
This Agreement is personal to you. You may not transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else.
If you breach the Agreement and we take no action against you, we will not be deemed to waive our rights in relation to such breach and shall still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in relation to such breach or any other situation where you breach the Agreement.
If any part of the Agreement is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
Any rights not expressly granted in the Agreement are reserved.
These Terms and any other document that constitutes part of the Agreement may be published in several languages. Should any form of discrepancy arise between the non-English and the English version, the English version shall prevail over the non-English version.
Should there be any conflict between the Terms, Game Rules, and specific terms of a promotion, the order of precedence shall be as follows:
- the specific terms of a promotion;
- the Game Rules; and
- these Terms.
If you need to contact us, you can contact our customer services team using the following methods:
- via our online chat services available 24 hours per day; or
- email us at email@example.com.
If we need to notify you under the Agreement, we will do so by email to the email address registered to your Account.
Any abuse of our customer services team will not be tolerated, and we reserve the right to suspend or close your Account in such event.
25. COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
- If you have any cause to complain about anything that has happened as a result of your use of the Services, you should notify us by contacting customer services by chat, phone, or email within 6 (six) months of the original transaction and they will oversee the management of your complaint. Contact details of customer services can be found at section 24 of these Terms. To ensure your complaint is dealt with promptly, please include the following information: your first name and surname and a detailed explanation of the complaint. We will endeavor to reply to your complaint within 10 days from the date the complaint is received, provided that in certain cases this can be extended by a further 10 days.
26. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
With regards to any Services provided by Sport Brokers (UK) Ltd:
- these Terms and the Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales;
- disputes arising in connection with these Terms and the Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, subject to any statutory rights you have in respect of using the courts of Scotland or Northern Ireland.